- Login to your IP Phone and verify the current firmware version under Status > System Info
Method 1 - File Upload:
Depending on your IP Phones current firmware version and model, you may have an option to upgrade the phone firmware using the file upload option.
- Login to your IP Phone and navigate to Maintenance > Upgrade and Provisioning and click 'Start' next to Upgrade Firmware:
- Download the latest firmware version for your phone from http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware/
- Drag and drop the firmware file into the firmware upload window and click start to start the upgrade.
Method 2 - Firmware URL:
- Navigate to Maintenance > Upgrade and Provisioning and set the firmware server path to Grandstreams Firmware Server (or your own if desired). To locate the correct URL for your Phone model got to http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware/ and copy the HTTP Upgrade Server path:
- Initiate a reboot, your phone should detect and start downloading the firmware on boot provided you have the following set:
Method 3 - Zero Configuration (Requires Grandstream UCM6xxx IP/PBX):
- Login to your UCM and navigate to Value-Added Features > Zero Config > Global Policy and set the firmware server parameters:
Source: Select URL if you want to point to a firmware server or select Local UCM Server to upload firmware to the UCM directly making it a firmware server.