Fingbox is a plug & play network security appliance that you hardwire into your home internet (via Ethernet) and use in conjunction with a smartphone app (Google and Apple) to monitor, secure, and control your family's home wi-fi network.
Everyone needs a bit of a “Pause” - Get simple and effective security and control for your connected environment by knowing the following:
- Who’s on my Wi-Fi?
- Why a device is not online?
- Am I getting the speed I paid for?
- Can someone help me fix my network?
This guide will cover:
- Quick setup
- Parental control and more
- Managing internet usage- Especially when you need fast internet on those important webinars, video calls/ meetings
- Prepare your Fingbox: (Quick setup guide is also included in the box)
- Insert the network and power cable in the Ethernet port on the rear of the Fingbox device
- Plug the network cable into the router LAN port. Avoid plugging it into switches or access points if possible
- Wait until the top circle turns green, it may take up to 15min for the 1st time
- Get the FREE Fing App: Desktop version available for Windows/MacOS, but the mobile app works the best available from the Apple App store/ Google play
- Once installed, open the App settings and “Add Fingbox”
- Sign in or create an account:
- Follow the steps accordingly
- Schedule digital downtime, control and manage internet access by user
- After creating your profile, naming your profile (Mine is called Visagie Home) and connected devices, on the fing home page, click on your box
- You can create and add users, assign devices to users to manage each individual device and user
- You will be able to see devices up/discovered, device name, make/model, MAC, and IP
- Select/click on the desired device to set rules accordingly
- Note specific details and most recent events FYI
- You can “Block” devices -Great for blocking unknown/intruder devices or to simply temporarily disable a known device from accessing the internet
- You can “Pause” internet - Also select the duration according to your desired timeframe and schedule your household’s screen time according to days and time: Bedtime; Homework & Generic profiles can be scheduled
- Device settings - Perfect to get notified when a device appears/disappears in the network.
- Know when your family/ someone is at home or leaving home - The device and WiFi should be on/active “Digital presence”
Manage internet usage - Important for when you’re on those webinars/video calls/meetings/working from home and when you need the bandwidth, not Netflix or YouTube
- Apart from managing profiles and devices by scheduling screen time and usage, you can do a bandwidth analysis by device to see who hogs on your network
- Automate network speed tests and receive detailed reports on ISP performance
- Click/select “Network” and choose the desired action:
Why purchase the Fingbox instead of just running the Fing App?
- Perfect for Smart Homes- Works with IFTTT; Google Assistant; Zapier
- Block intruders and unknown devices automatically before they join your home connection
- Know who’s home while you’re not there with Fing's Digital Presence features
- Monitor your internet and Wi-Fi speed and performance and easily troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues
- Schedule your household's screen time and pause internet access
- Analyse bandwidth usage by device to find the bandwidth hogs on your network
How to reset your Fingbox if need be:
- Gently press the RESET button while the unit is powered off/unplugged
- While keeping the RESET button gently pressed, plug the power adaptor back in
- Keep the RESET button pressed for 30 seconds and release (or until a single white light flash on the device)
- You should now see a single white light on
- After a few seconds, the top circle will start flashing, while the original factory software is loaded
- This process lasts for a few minutes (~3 min)
- A single white light will mark the end of the process
- Power off the Fingbox
- Wait 5 seconds
- Power it back on
For more info and to purchase the Fingbox, click here: https://www.gowifi.co.nz/internetofthingsiot/fingbox.html