This article explains how to setup a 2talk Fax number on your Grandstream HT801 ATA to send and receive faxes.
- Login to your 2talk account and go to your fax line and click on Faxmail Delivery Options under preferences:
- Turn off the Faxmail service to allow for the fax machine to receive faxes the traditional way instead of via email.
- Login to your Grandstream HT801 and register your 2talk fax number using the following settings:
Primary SIP Server: sip.2talk.co.nz
SIP User ID: 2talk_fax_number
Authenticate Password: 2talk_fax_password
- Ensure the following settings are configured under the FXS Port tab:
Disable Call Waiting: Yes
Disable Call-Waiting Caller ID: Yes
Disable Call-Waiting Tone: Yes
Fax Mode: Pass-through
Set FXS Port --> Use First Matching Vocoder in 200OK SDP: Yes
Set FXS Port --> Preferred Vocoder Option 1: PCMU
Re-Invite after Fax Tone Detected: Disabled
Jitter Buffer: Fixed
Jitter Buffer Length: High
Disable Line Echo canceller: Yes
Disable network echo suppressor: Yes
- Apply settings at the bottom of the page and reboot the Grandstream HT801.
- Log back into to the HT801 and check that your fax number has registered successfully.
- Connect your fax machine to the FXS Port of the HT801.
- Start Faxing!